Adventures of a lesbian attorney superhero.



Monday, February 4, 2013

Home Makeover - Living Room

Hand injury notwithstanding, I've finally, finally been able to begin painting the inside of the house.  It feels so good to start to make the place feel more like home.

Here are some before and after photos of the living room.

BEFORE:  This was the prior owners' living room (is it very rude to say, blech?).






AFTER:  I still need to put curtains up, but I am so, so happy to be rid of that Mountain Dew paint color (photos are starring, Blue, the blue point Siamese; Abrahm, the chocolate point Siamese; and scenes from Parks & Recreation).

Sorry that a couple of these photos are sideways, Blogger is not cooperating and won't show them as rotated.







Yay!






5 comments:

  1. HUGE Improvement! I love the paint color. And omg, what's with the prior paint color? Ew.... When we moved into our house, the exterior was SALMON pink, the kitchen was ORANGE with bright-green cabinet doors!! The green is still there but, someday.....

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cee, sounds like the prior owners of your house thought they were living in the subtropics. Or a fruit bowl.

    I've got an orange room too--a melon orange. And a mustard yellow room. And a lot of boring cream. Even the blue and grey chosen by the prior owners is off. I should buy stock in Behr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is difficult to pull off brightly colored walls. You really have to know how to accent properly. I, like you, prefer the plainer colors and than adding the accent through the decor. Speaking of which, I really love your rug. Where did you get it? I have been looking at large rugs for my living room, and I haven't decided on which to get. I really love the checkerboard style framing of your rug. Your room looks great, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Joan! I actually got that rug about 15 years ago at Anthropologie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I like the "Mountain Dew" description. I also like the cat cameo!

    ReplyDelete